Monday, January 24, 2011

Inception

Keep in mind that I'm tired as hell, so this probably won't be...very...well, good. I apologize. I will try my best to make sense and to not look retarded although I know all of this trying is in vain because I'll still look like an idiot and it'll probably turn from a ramble about a movie - since this isn't a review, just me being kinda sorta bored and needing to talk about something to someone to pass time - to just a ramble about nothing in particular. Since that's what always happens.

This past Friday I had nothing else to do so I figured, hey, let's watch Inception. And let's watch it on the internet. Since I don't have a car, I can't drive legally anyway and even if I could it was as cold and bitter as an icy hell out and I didn't want to go out in -10 degree weather just to go rent a movie plus pay for the gas to do so...especially if I didn't need anything else. The internet is free.

So I find this site, yeah, watch it.

While watching it, complaints that people have made about the movie come to my mind. Everyone (or, rather, 99% of the people) that has watched this and talked to me about it have said that they can't follow the movie. All I can say to that is...how do you not get this?

It may just be me, but I actually found it pretty easy to understand the layers of the dream, how it worked, and everything else wrapped up in the inner-dreamstate package.

That being said, there are a few things that I believe could have been explained a bit better - namely, the amount of time given in each dream per layer you go down/fall asleep/dream inside a dream. I know 5 minutes = a couple hours in the next dream, but it seems like a lot of people cannot seem to grasp that the amount of time will multiply (like a day or so turning into a week or ten days of dreamtime) because while watching it my mother seemed to like to lean over my shoulder, and listen in a lot. As did half of the people in the house.

Anyway.

The movie, I thought, was awesome. The changing of the dreams was pretty rad.

oh god I just used 'rad' someone needs to hit me now
Best Friend, you need to smack me for this. I may be a 90's child but 'rad' is something that should have been left as soon as the year hit 2k.

I need to leave in like, five minutes.

I've been procrastinating brushing my hair and doing other things that I need to do. So I'll...finish this? Maybe. I don't know. Probably not. I'll just come back here to my grandparents today and complain and ramble some more about how ridiculous everything is today. I hate school but I love it at the same time. I fucking hate Chem class though. It's fun but it seems like forever since it runs from 12:02-12:42. Which is when I would have had lunch two years ago, and when I usually eat 'lunch' during weekends and summer (if I'm awake) so it's just all aksfjsaklgjs I need food but I really eat at like, 10:40-11:14 so it's like what the hell, this isn't lunch this is a late breakfast at best why do you guys make us eat so early.

Just be ready for me to tell more horrid stories of my horrid childhood that are in no way funny but for some reason some people think they're entertaining.

So uh until then I'll just go to school.


we are farmers bum ba da da duh duh dum

No comments:

Post a Comment